Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Product Review




Got to try out a couple new products this week, so I'm here to give you the scoop on Nars The Multiple in Orgasm, and Laura Mercier baked eyeshadow in Ballet Pink.

Nars The Multiple :

Purchase at Sephora, Or any NARS counter in The Bay.
$39

The Multiple is a multi purpose makeup stick. Its a cream to powder so it isn't necessary to set it.
You can use this stick on your eyes, lips, cheeks and body. It's available in a variety of shades.

The shade I'm reviewing is called Orgasm, it's a peachy pink shimmer that goes really well with fair skinned girls.

When I swiped this on my hand to swatch the color it went on beautifully smooth and creamy, but then as promised dried to a powder. I'm pretty impressed with the formula. You can wear this on its own on your cheeks, or put it on top of your foundation and powder. If you are using this as blush, I recommend using one of macs stippling brushes, the 131 works perfectly for this because of its small dense shape, swipe the brush against the stick and then stipple on the color with your brush. Small circles work best. Place the color where you want it, then use a kabuki brush and your face powder and buff away the edges of your blush to make it a nice seamless finish. You can use this as eyeshadow as well, just make sure you have a good eyeshadow primer on first. Its an option to use this as lipstick as well, though I haven't tried that yet, it being a cream to powder I don't see it lasting too well on the lip area, but maybe with a gloss on top. I don't recommend just using the stick on your face, that deposits quite a bit of color and it can be hard to work with. All in all I'm liking this product and think I'll be checking out some other shades!










                    














Laura Mercier Baked Eyeshadow:

Purchase at Sephora or any Laura Mercier counter.

$22.

This is a baked eyeshadow that can be used wet or dry. It's very similar to MAC's mineralize eye shadows. Use it dry for a nice wash of color, or wet for a more vibrant intensity.
The shade I have is called Ballet Pink which is described as a pale peach pink but in all honesty to me it looks more like a champagne color. Its a beautiful highlight color, on both eyes and cheeks. You get a fair bit for the price and it comes in a variety of shades. This is my first Laura Mercier product and I'm pretty satisfied with it. It blends smoothly and has minimal fallout. Fine shimmer, not glittery. Great for a day at the office, or a night out. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment